ACC Ranking Points
Competition in sporting events is rewarding for Cotons and owners alike. The camaraderie and social experience contribute to the fun as much as the thrill of winning. ACC recognizes Coton de Tuléar Champions in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally with a Championship Certificate and a place of honor on the web site. All ACC members and ACC registered Cotons are eligible. ACC is pleased to recognize Championships from all qualified American organizations. The dogs and their achievements know no club boundaries. Send in your Win Sheets to earn Ranking Points. They are available for download and printing for exhibitors who wish to accumulate points toward an ACC championship. ACC Champions are not only Champions of Beauty and Agility but have passed their ACC required health tests.
Winners Dog: Must be at least one other male in the class to receive a point. Should the WD beat 3 or more males he is to be awarded a major. Classes include those defined by the show organization: 6-9 months, 9-12 or 9-15 months, bred by and open.
Winners Bitch: Must be at least one other female in the class to receive a point. Should the WB beat 3 or more females she is to be awarded a major. Classes include those defined by the show organization: 6-9 months, 9-12 or 9-15 months, bred by and open.
Best Of Winners: Best of Winners takes the higher points whether it be the male or female class. Should that class have a major then the Best of Winners also takes the Major.
Best of Opposite: Additional championship points will accrue for every Coton in the Best of Breed class defeated by the Best of Opposite and of the same sex as the Best of Opposite.
Best of Breed: Any non-champion dog that wins BOB receives a championship point for every dog defeated in the BOB ring.
Group: Group 1 receives 3 championship points and a major if your dog defeats three other dogs in group.
Reserve Best In Show: RBIS receives 4 championship points and a major if your dog defeats 4 or more dogs.
Best In Show: BIS receives 5 championship points and a major if your dog defeats 5 or more dogs.
- 15 points and two majors are required to earn an ACC Championship.
- At least one of these majors must be earned by defeating at least 3 Cotons in the ring.
- A maximum of 5 points and 1 major per show may be earned.
- An ACC Champion must have appeared before at least two different judges.
- Cotons must be six months or older to accumulate Championship points and must be registered with ACC.
- Junior Championships are awarded to dogs less than one year of age without health certification.
- Full Championships and a certificate are awarded to health certified Cotons more than one year old. JC points are transferable to Full Championships.
- The Championship point coordinator will notify you when you have accumulated enough points for a Championship.
- Application for a Full Championship and a Championship Certificate must be accompanied with a check to ACC for $18.
Your Coton earns ACC ranking points according to the schedule below. Ranking point totals will be updated biweekly. The Coton with the highest number of ranking points in each calendar year will receive an award.
Winners Dog - 25 points
Winners Bitch - 25 points
Best of Winners - 0 pts
Best Opposite Sex - 30 pts
Best of Breed - 50 pts plus the number of Cotons defeated
Group 1-100 points plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Group ring
Group 2-90 pts plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Group ring
Group 3-80 pts plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Group ring
Group 4-70 points plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Group ring
Reserve Best in Show -125 pts plus Group plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Best in Show ring
Best in Show -250 pts plus Group plus Best of Breed plus number of dogs defeated in Best in Show ring