HOME ABOUT COTONS BREEDERS EDUCATION HEALTH ACTIVITIES CLUB INFO FORMS
City & State
1. Please list the registered names and dates of birth for all Cotons you own or co-own:
2. Please let us know why you would like to become an ACC Code of Ethics breeder:
3. What is your breeding philosophy?
4. How would your breeding program benefit the Coton de Tuléar and ACC?
5. Do you currently have a Mentor and if so, who is it and how frequently are you in contact with your Mentor? The Board may contact your Mentor and you are expected to work closely with your Mentor and ACC.
6. How do you participate in Coton Rescue?
7. What are your sources of information to help you make wise breeding decisions?
8. Are you willing to share genetic health information about your dogs and your lines, both good and bad?
9. Are you amenable to a home visit and kennel inspection by a qualified inspector specified by ACC?
10. Please state what constitutes your breeding program; for example, number of dogs owned, certification of the required health tests of all dogs, approximate number of litters, etc.:
11. Are you amenable to solicitation of feedback from your puppy buyers by ACC?
12. If you are a novice breeder, are you working with an ACC mentor or are you amenable to accepting a mutually agreeable mentor to help initially with your breeding program?
13. Are you amenable to answering questions that may arise in the future about your particular breeding situation and responding to constructive criticism without rancor?
14. If circumstances change in the future and it appears that ACC is not the best fit for you as a breeder are you amenable to leaving the ACC breeders list upon the recommendation of ACC?
15. New breeders may sell potentially breedable puppies from their first litter only upon the advice of their Mentor. Do you understand this and agree to work closely with your Mentor?
16. What would you do if you sold a puppy which was diagnosed at one year old with Chondrodysplasia and required surgery in excess of $3000?
17. Have you been a breeder of other breeds of dogs in the past?
18. How many breeding Cotons do you anticipate incorporating into your breeding program in the next two to five years?
19. Please list all the animal pets in your home of any species.
20. Do you currently breed any other breed (or breeds) of dogs? How long have you bred this other breed or breeds?
21. You will need two letters of reference from people who know you in connection with your Cotons. Please insert the names of the two people who will be submitting Letters of Reference on your behalf and your relationship to them.
22. What are your thoughts on the Coton de Tuléar being recognized by the AKC?
By checking this box I agree that I have read, and understood this application, and I agree to abide by the standards set forth therein for ACC COE breeders. Checking this box indicates that I understand that ACC may not be a good fit for everyone and that I will abide by the decision of the Board regarding my application. If rejected, I will accept the Boards decisions, reasons and possible suggestions for future success in reapplying.
I further agree that I may be removed at any time for cause at the discretion of the Board and will accept the Boards decision.
Letters of Reference may be mailed or emailed to the Membership Committee. You may expect a follow up phone call from a Board Member to further explore your interest. Then the Board will meet to consider your application as expeditiously as possible. If accepted, a novice breeder may be assigned an experienced ACC breeder as a mentor if they do not have an approved ACC Mentor listed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.