HOME ABOUT COTONS BREEDERS EDUCATION HEALTH ACTIVITIES CLUB INFO FORMS
City & State
1. How many years have you been involved with breeding Coton de Tuléar dogs?
2. Please provide a description of your years of experience breeding Coton de Tuléar dogs?
3. Please list the last four litters born and reared on your premises.
4. Please list any seminars or training you have had that you feel will help you in mentoring new breeders.
5. Are you comfortable talking about the technical aspects of how to assist a mating (if needed) and the details of a whelp?
6. Have you ever been a mentor to another breeder? If yes, please explain your mentoring experience with the breeder you mentored.
7. Are you familiar with the basic structure of the Coton de Tuléar? What is your source for understanding the basic structure of the Coton de Tuléar?
8. How many of your puppies are in others’ breeding programs?
9. Are you involved in showing the Coton in Conformation? List any Coton Champions for whom you are the breeder?
10. Are you objective enough to realize that promoting your own or other breeders dogs at the expense of teaching the novice breeder to recognize the good in all dogs and breeders is counterproductive to your own and the novice’s success in the Coton Community?
11. How many new breeders would you feel comfortable mentoring over a 12 month period?
12. Do you have any additional thoughts with regards to mentoring?
Mentoring is a challenge, but a rewarding one in which you and the breeder you help will grow in professionalism and stature in the Coton Community. I understand that my application will be expeditiously considered and I will be notified promptly of acceptance. I further understand that my status as an ACC Mentor may be revoked by the ACC Board of Directors at any time for failure to comply with the ACC Mentor expectations or the Mentor Guideline. I understand that as an ACC Mentor I will conduct myself at all times in an ethical and professional manner.